Book review - The Golden Lyre by Dan Thompson

Book - The Golden Lyre (The Black Petal trilogy book 2)

Author - Dan Thompson

Rating - 


Review:

The second part of the trilogy continues to see more myth, legend and more suck the reader in and keep them gripped as we follow the characters on their long journey but with more twists this doesn't read like something which is simply there to setup the final part of a trilogy and instead feels like a great book that stands up on its own.  One of the things I love about this book is that despite being a sequel, the author has continued to deliver development of the characters and this for me helps the reader to connect much more with the story as you are able to "watch" as the characters overcome their own challenges alongside the challenges set in front of them on their journey.  This book confirmed for me that Dan is an author who has a huge amount of talent and has found a perfect fit for his writing style (although I have loved his other works I've read so far).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview