Book review - Cathy's Christmas Kitchen by Tilly Tennant

Book - Cathy's Christmas Kitchen

Author - Tilly Tennant

Rating - 

Review:

Cathy has had a massive love of baking ever since she was little and baked alongside her mother but now that her mother is gone she finds her life with very little in it that excites her and she is pretty much just having a groundhog day type of life.  When Cathy decides to go along to a charity event at a local church she could never imagine the changes that it will mean for her life, from meeting a new friend to spotting a man she is attracted to everything appears to be taking a turn for the best but can it really ever go right for Cathy?

This is a book which I really did enjoy reading and the best way I can describe it is nice.  I found that the romance aspect to it somewhat lacked but it did deliver on everything you would look for and had a story which was well thought out and beautifully delivered, however, for me the half a score off is simply that I didn't manage to gain the full level of warmth for the characters and their lives that I would have like to feel.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Claude Bouchard interview