Book review - Animo (Book 1 of the Sationem Series) by Lisa Ann Rowe

Book - Animo (Book 1 of the Sationem Series)

Author - Lisa Ann Rowe

Rating - 

Review:

Willow has been awaiting her awakening which will see her find out about her powers and discover more about herself than she can ever imagine but when her parents are confirmed as missing and others in the area begin to disappear too it becomes clear that more is to come than just her awakening.

This is a coming of age story which is well thought out and is a story I did enjoy overall but there are a few little markdowns, first of all the writing is very simplistic in some parts and I'm not sure if this is simply due to the age range the book is aimed at but for me it did detract a little from what I found to be an overall good story.  The biggest markdown?  The editing for me left a lot to be desired and dragged the score down by one full point which was something I was disappointed by as the story did feel unique and well thought out with good characters but I have to judge by what I have found.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview