Zack Lester interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Zack Lester was born and raised in small rural town in Northeastern Kentucky where he grew up on a healthy dose of The Twilight Zone, The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, and comic books. He lives with his wife, Lacey and daughter, Addisyn where they pretend to be ghosts, zombies, and other creatures that go bump in the night. Zack plans to write until his superpowers are fully developed and begins the life of a crime fighter or evil genius (whichever comes first).


When did your love of books begin?

My love for books can all go back to one book. Oddkins by Dean Kootz. As a child that story held such magic for me. The combination of story and illustrations still holds a special place in my heart to this day.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I have always been a storyteller. From camping out in the back yard with my brother telling ghost stories, to making up some pretty terrible plays and comics…I loved the idea that I could make up places and characters for other people to get lost in. It was just a matter of self belief that the words I had in me mattered.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I absolutely love writing. I actually feel physically better when I’m click-clacking on the keyboard. I’m 100% a pantser, so I let my characters show me their stories and I just try to keep up as a megaphone of their voice.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Don’t stop writing. Even if you aren’t going to use those words now, they aren’t wasted. YOU are the only person who has ever lived, or will ever live, that can tell YOUR story the way YOU can. Your words have value and merit no matter what type of story you’re writing.


Tell us about your book/books:

I’ll start with my Sci-fi / Cyberpunk / GamerLit series Last Life. Last Life: Level One is out on Amazon right now. Level Two will be released on 2/24/23. I don’t want to spoil any of the surprises but, if you ever wondered what would happen if Ready Player One and Squid Game got drunk and had a baby…this is the story for you.If you like Sci-fi / Horror short stories in the mold of The Twilight Zone / Tales from the Crypt, then check out Voices In My Head (on Amazon) and Whispered Screams (currently on Kindle Vella, soon to be released on Amazon).



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

The thing I love the most about the writing/reading community is the love and support they show each other. Writing can be such an isolating thing that you can get lost in, if you aren’t careful. But their support gives nobodies like me a chance to do something like this.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

It’s so cliché but, THANK YOU! Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I don’t have readers. I have family. If anyone has read a single word I have ever written, shared a post, or told someone about this crazy guy named Zack, then you are a member of my family (whether you like it or not).


Where can people connect with you?

You can connect with me on Twitter @KentuckyZack or Facebook at Zack Lester Writes. Look me up. Stop by and say hi. Make fun of my T-Rex arms.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview