V.M. Augustina interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I am V.M. Augustina author of the fantasy saga: Ava, published from 2021, when the first volume Ava: Dragons' Return was shared through Amazon followed in 2022 by the second volume Ava: Portals Chaining. And of course right now I am working on the third volume Ava: Immortal.

I am Romanian by birth, I lived for some years in Spain and I speak a few words of English so if I miss any word I beg the public to excuse me.

That's why the book is published in three languages. But without further words, let's answer the questions and get to know me a little closer.


When did your love of books begin?

Like any other naughty little girl, when I was only 4 years old I loved to listen the stories that my mother or my grandmother used to read to me, so I always wished to read by myself so that the stories wouldn't end as soon as my mom’s got tired of them. So when I was only 6 years old, as soon as I learned to read, I breathed books and dreamed about them.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I was always fascinated by literature, I wrote for school magazines, then some poetry when I fell in love, but it wasn't until my daughter became 18 years old. Somehow I felt that my daughter had grown up and that I needed another child to take care of. That's how Ava was born, she has a part of my soul and a lot of my daughter's character.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

When I started to write I forgot about the reality of my world, I built Ava's fantasy world with its magic kingdoms and the truth is that until I finished the first volume I didn't stop to think that there is more labor behind the author's work. The process itself seems poetic for any dreamer but it is hard, very hard indeed. The proofreading, the marketing, the layout, its adaptation so that every people would enjoy it as much as I did when I created it, was intense but I did it with the same passion and magic that I deposited in each letter in Romanian, the original language.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Never give up, the native writer feels the letters running through his veins, you just need to try the creation is the greatest of all vices, you will do it every time more and better. If you taste the glory of a review it's hard to pull back. So just try it and if it's your way don't give up, keep drinking from this spring, keep watering that dream, let it grow between the pages of your books and above all read, learn from every tutorial, get informed, ask for help, but don't give up. And if you don't feel this is not your way, don't follow the path, look for something that defines you.


Tell us about your book/books:

Ava is the story of the little unmanifested witch who travels in search of her destiny. It is the book of how a poor girl grows up, who neither seeks nor asks to be a hero, but whose destiny is written beyond the stars.

Ava is a versatile book, with a lot of love, conflict, magic and perseverance, where pirates, trolls, exotics and strange phenomena accompany us at every step, enriching the reading with adventures and madness that will seem so real that you will forget that you are reading, you will live it in your own flesh.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love both communities :) I know the question goes for one or the other. There are some people who claim a community network, who complain that some of them are like this or that. I think that you are building your own path, you are the one who choose how to decorate your walks. I was hugged in a friendly atmosphere by the community of readers who raised my Ava to the first place of sales in Mexico in November, in Spain as the best seller of January 2023 and in Romania with the best rating in its launching and it still keeps its 5 stars. I also felt supported by the writers who shared their experiences with me. As soon as I entered Twiter I felt at home, surrounded by a lot of friends.

Just look at you, how little we know each other and you lend me your space, your time and your friendship. Thanks to everyone.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

My words of thanks would be very small compared to what I really feel towards the readers who have gifted me with their time and their dreams, reading Ava, those moments spent in the magical company of my book, priceless. The fact that they have taken the detail of leaving a few words complimenting the world I have created for them.


Where can people connect with you?

I am present in all the networks but where I communicate the most is Twitter. I have my Instagram, Facebook, Amazon and Tiktok pages with my presentations and details of the books but twitter is my love, here I feel closer to the community.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/M13D?t=IJDitlyBPqJvSZVyUp4wTw&s=09Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/people/Ava-Dragons/100076088077912/Tiktok: https://www.tiktok.com/@scriitor_augustinaInstagram: https://www.instagram.com/m13d.mv/Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/stores/Mihaela-Augustina-Vasile/author/B09P5SX7PF?ref=ap_rdr&store_ref=ap_rdr&isDramIntegrated=true&shoppingPortalEnabled=trueBooks in all of three languages:

English: https://www.amazon.com/-/es/V-M-Augustina-ebook/dp/B0BQX6WFHW/ref=sr_1_3?__mk_es_US=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&crid=XBSFX49DXRLO&keywords=Ava%3Adragons+return&qid=1675800575&s=digital-text&sprefix=ava+dragons+return%2Cdigital-text%2C272&sr=1-3

Spanish: https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Mihaela-Augustina-Vasile-ebook/dp/B09P3KS6MD/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_es_US=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&crid=28I1M05XN6FB4&keywords=Ava%3A+el+resurgir+de+los+dragones&qid=1675800606&s=digital-text&sprefix=ava+el+resurgir+de+los+dragone%2Cdigital-text%2C262&sr=1-1

II volume: https://www.amazon.com/-/es/gp/product/B0B9LLGTNF?notRedirectToSDP=1&ref_=dbs_mng_calw_1&storeType=ebooks

Rumanian: https://www.amazon.com/Mihaela-Augustina-Vasile/dp/B09P5NSBGS?ref_=ast_author_dp


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview