Stephen Liosi interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I began writing this novel in 2018 while homeless and living in my car before transitioning into various motels and hotels. I didn’t end up in the gutter because of the kindness of a couple dear friends -- David Ruyle and Gabriel Velasco. And I didn’t end up divorced because of my wife’s celestial capacity for forgiveness. It’s 2022 as I write these very words, and I’m still homeless.


When did your love of books begin?

I was reading Hemingway when I was 8 years old.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

At 8 years old, when I began reading Hemingway.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Rewarding and validating.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Find an author to emulate, put in the 10,000 hours of practice to find your own voice. Then, say to yourself, "This is how I write!!"


Tell us about your book/books:

ADDICT'S WAY, my debut novel, is autobiographical and explores the roots and price of addiction, along with family dysfunction.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

Mostly supportive.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I hope you enjoy my writing and it makes you think a little differently about certain things.


Where can people connect with you?

Stephen Liosi can be found on Facebook and Twitter, and you can send me an email by visiting my website: www.stephenliosi.com.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview