Stacey L. Pierson interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I'm Stacey L. Pierson and I am Louisiana-based writer. I have written the young adult bayou murder mystery Vale published in July 2022 by Darkstroke. My first poem, "My Little Dragonfly," was published in Collected Whispers, The International Library of Poetry, in 2008.The same week along my haunting poem, Carnival, published in Abditory Literary Journal’s Issue One: Mirabilia in July 2022.


When did your love of books begin?

It was an early age. I would say five or six. I remember I would read anything I could get my hands on from the JC Penny catalog to the local sales papers if I didn't have a book or a magazine.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I was nine when I said I wanted to be a writer. I started writing short stories. One of my first short stories I called The Wills, and it was about a young girl who was a military brat, and wanted to settle down in a small town just to make friends because the ones she has were imaginary.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Write what you see. Make your first draft your draft. Empty your head in it, and when it's done. Tighten all the loose ends and clear up problems in it. And be honest in your writing. If you know something isn't working, it's okay to start over or move on. Just shelf it and come back another time.


Tell us about your book/books:

Vale is a story of lies and secrets. It's not just about heading to the Friday football games, cliches, or the first heartbreak. It's full of lies and secrets revolving around a group of friends who know more than they are telling about a missing girl. But someone finds out and threatens to expose them as the missing girl's cousin arrive with vengeance on her mind.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Oh, wow. I would say that the roller closer is fun and whatever happens - don't let go. I'm just getting started.


Where can people connect with you?

Twitter - @SuperStacey318
Instagram - @superstacey318
TikTok - @superstaceywriter


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview