Retta Flagg interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

My website lists me as an author, mystic, and world traveler. That’s a lifetime of study, adventure, and rich life experiences (this is a phrase a therapist gave me when life was too traumatic). I could add healer, pagan, goddess worshiper, and tea drinker as well.



When did your love of books begin?

In fifth grade, we made our first trip to the library. I took out my first science fiction novel. Reading has been one of the pleasures of my life since. Exploring worlds through another’s eyes has seen me through many of life’s tribulations.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

In high school at some point, I knew that I wanted to write a novel. As life continued on, it became more of bucket list item. I worked on writing my novel for over 20 years and finally published it after I retired.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I love my finished product. Getting there is a journey within itself. Writing the rough draft. Letting someone else read it. Editing and rewriting and editing again and again. I self-published. I knew I didn’t want to go through the process of submitting endlessly to maybe find a publisher. Learning all that is needed to publish a novel. Thank goodness, I have talented family members who were willing to contribute their expertise for the processes I knew I couldn’t do. Productive marketing still eludes me.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Persevere. The writing process is a balance of life, self-esteem, research, creation, imagination and doggedly writing one word after another.


Tell us about your book/books:

My book contains a lot of the spiritual principles that have enriched my life in 40+ years of my spiritual journey. I am also proud to say that Seven And An Eighth won second place in Mythology in the Firebrand awards.

I will let reviews speak for the reader:

Reviewed in the United States 🇺🇸 on November 7, 2022

I studied the Greek gods in my ancient mythology class in high school. This gives them a whole other meaning. Written with the reader in mind. Within the book is a deeply thought-out spiritual journey. Things like gratitude, love, and forgiveness are missing in our society today. It is something everyone needs to give thought to. Fear is something that will force people to make the wrong decisions. While forgiveness will show them a new path. We all have that dark place in our souls. This book may help guide you to a new path in life.”

Reviewed in the United States 🇺🇸 on November 23, 2018

Wow! What an amazing book that touched deep into my heart. This book weaves the tale of the ancient Greek gods among life lessons for today. There are lots of teachings in the book. My favorite is: There are three things you can do to heal your heart - Forgiveness; Gratitude; and Choose Love over Fear.The book is easy to read, well written, and compelling. It is something I will re-read many times.”



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

The writing community has been so supportive of me and my writing journey. Most of my marketing strategies come from other authors who are successful marketers.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

We live in turbulent times. If you just focus on the mundane world, it is quite daunting to hold hope for our planet and peoples. Know that on the spiritual plane, all the vast energies of the universe are focusing on our planet to raise up humanity to the next evolutionary leap in consciousness. What you can do to help is simple yet complex. Choose love over fear. Each small act of love changes the world one by one by one.


Where can people connect with you?

My website: www.rettaflagg.com

Twitter: twitter.com/FlaggRetta

Instagram: Instagram.com/retflaggauthor


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview