Peter Wood interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

At around 7 years old I began to understand the value and importance of books. I would read at every opportunity, to the detriment of my social life. When I was 9 years old a young lady of around the same age would visit. I kindly allowed her to sit at the opposite end of the sofa to watch me read (you might guess, I don’t write romance). To be appointed school librarian at the age of 10 was the highlight of my schooldays.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I have written murder mystery scripts for my own use in shows, but never published anything. I’ve always written for fun but only recently decided to write for publication.  Now I have several projects brewing.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

The process combines excitement and frustration. It is hard to know when you have finished, the initial story is the easy part, and only the beginning. The real work is the editing and knowing what to keep in and what to put on the shelf for future consideration. I reached a point where I felt in danger of over-editing. Finding an agent has proved to be the most frustrating part, you never know if your work has been seen before rejection or a lack of response.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

I would say try writing. Grab a pen and paper or sit at your keyboard and let your thoughts flow. Don’t worry about grammar or spelling, you can sort that later. You’ll soon know if it really is something you want to do. Read lots.


Tell us about your book/books:

Dark Moves was inspired partially the seeds sown by some of my experiences as a private investigator and repo agent. The book involves a team taking on criminals, pimps and drug dealers and crooked groups as well as the police and National Crime Agency. There is violence but it is crucial to the story. I believe it to be content rich and value for money.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

From my experience, the literary community is friendly and generous with advice and assistance.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I firmly believe that if you read this story, you will want more, but I am biased so don’t let me influence you.


Where can people connect with you?

I respond to twitter messages as long as the are not selling me something –  @peter999wood and my email is peter@PeterWoodAuthor,com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview