Peter Mooren interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

I was a bit of a late bloomer in that department. I didn't read much growing up because I spent most of my time outdoors. But later on, I was introduced to Harry Potter just before the final book was released. It lit my fantasy fires, and I was off and reading.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

From the first moment I started reading fantasy, I began wishing I could create an immersive and fantastical story like the author had. Then I read a few series by some indie writers, and it became more than just wishful thinking. And after I read Throne of Glass by SJM, I knew I had to write.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

There's a definite learning curve. I'd always been imaginative and prided myself on my written communication skills, but putting it all together isn't easy. It takes time. My writing style changed halfway through my first book, and I had to go back and do a quasi-rewrite. It'll continue to evolve, and I know I still have a long way to go to get to where I'd envisioned myself, but I like how far I've come thus far.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Grab the keyboard and start typing. Everyone's writing process is different. Some are detailed outliners, some are note takers, and some just start writing. But the key is getting what you want to say on the screen in front of you. The rest will follow.


Tell us about your book/books:

I'm writing an epic fantasy series titled THE SCARS OF HIRAETH. I've planned for it to be a 7-book series and have published the first 2 books so far (THE RETURN OF ABADDON and A SURPRISING ALLY).
The story begins on Earth in our current time. But something happens to the main character, Wilder, and he's whisked away to another world (Hiraeth), where he's told of a prophecy that changes everything. Abaddon, an ancient being who was defeated by the mighty phoenixes when he came to conquer this world 2,000 years earlier, has returned--and Wilder is Hiraeth's only hope. Wilder must find a way to embrace his destiny in a world that's full of magic, horses, swords, and bows instead of planes, cars, guns, and modern technology.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love the genuine excitement and support of both fellow authors and avid readers. It's a niche club in the general sense, but then each genre also has its own niche groups of writers and readers. My niche has a niche! It also helps tremendously to expose new books to others who might not otherwise have ever come across them.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Please leave a review--I welcome honest feedback. As authors, we need reviews (and sales, of course) to reach a larger audience. Also, feel free to reach out to me on one of my social media accounts. I enjoy interacting with the readers.



Where can people connect with you?

Website: petermooren.com  
Social Media Links:
LinkedIn petemooren


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview