My Brand New Book Release for Memory Is That Raccoon with Nolcha Fox


What's is your new book called? 

“Memory is that raccoon,” a poetry book.


Where did the inspiration for the name come from?

I submitted my poem, “Memory is that Raccoon,” to Oneblackboylikethat Review. The Review nominated the poem for 2023 Best of The Net. So why not honor that nomination with a book title?


When is the book released? 

January 4, 2023


Tell us about the book: 

This book was not even a twinkle in my eyes. I had no intention of publishing it. But towards the end of December, the Managing Editor from Cyberwit.net contacted me to let me know he wanted to publish a book of my poems. When I responded I never sent him a manuscript, he told me he found my poems on my website, which is why he contacted me. (Lesson: Websites are good!)

I admit I was suspicious. If something sounds like it’s too good to be true, it usually is. But everything looked legit, so I put together a manuscript and shortly afterwards, the book was up on Amazon. (Lesson: Some things are good and true!)

The book is divided into three sections: Love and Loss, Hours and Seasons, and Totally Unserious.  Love and Loss includes poems about family love, emotionally damaged relationships, impending death, and loss of people we love.

Hours and Seasons are poems about living in the passing of time. By the way, I have no sense of time at all, so it’s pretty amazing that I can write about it.

Totally Unserious poems are just that, possibly written with the help of dead poets in an alternative universe. 


If you could do a sales pitch then what would you say to those considering buying this book?

It’s fun, you can read it in one sitting, and the poems will give you something to think about. 


Where can we purchase the book?

On Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Memory-that-raccoon-Nolcha-Fox/dp/9395224622/


Where can people connect with you?

Twitter: @NolchaF

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nolcha.fox/

Website: https://bit.ly/3bT9tYu


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview