Kyt Wright interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

As soon as I learned to read, my love of science fiction began with a picture book about mice building a rocket to go to a moon made of green cheese (seriously). I honed it with the Kemlo series and Tom Swift Jr books before going on to my dad's adult sci-fi novels. Although my reading covers a broader church now, science fiction is still my great love.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

From a very early age; while in secondary education my friend and I used to compete at writing science fiction and then thrust them upon our English teacher. To his credit he would read them and give critique - sometimes good.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I came up with what became my first novel (Sirkkusaga) at seventeen but life came along in the shape of work and romance, marriage, children etc. Just short of sixty I had an epiphany - why not write that book.
Then I had to get it published, this took quite a while until BlkDog Publishing took me on.
I now have seven published works (two self-pub - just to see if I could) to my name and a couple of contributions to anthologies.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Most importantly - do it, don't wait forty-three years like I did!
Don't be put off by others, try not to have too many WIPs (only have three at the moment) and concentrate on your current project.
Writer's block is inevitable - leave it alone, do something else and let the words come back to you.


Tell us about your book/books:

I have written three science fiction stories, (Sirkksaga, Sirki's Children, and The Bliss Bay Stories) two vampyr (sic) novels (Love Bites and Love Really Bites), a Edwardian MR James type adventure (The Journals of Professor Guthridge) and even a mermaid story (Mermaid Tails).






What do you love about the writing/reading community?

Being able to share with other authors and know that we all have the same struggle - getting published, too many WIPs, writer's block and the like. It's also good to encourage others and receive the same in return. Regarding the reading community, nothing gives a warm feeling like a complimentary review or even just a review.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

My work is big on dialogue and description often with colourful language. If you like old-fashioned scifi with inventive world building and words, or a saucy vampire lady very loosely based on a historical character then you'll like my works. My modern mermaids are quite interesting too. All have their amusing asides and can be quite saucy in parts.


Where can people connect with you?

I don't have a blog as such but do have a Wordpress page kytwright.wordpress.comand an Amazon page
I can also be found on Instagram @kytwrites and facebook, and have a presence on Facebook.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview