Kerry Kennedy interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I am a multi genre author of mainly thrillers, romance, and childrens books I live with my partner in Spain when we relocated four years ago and with my furry babies. When I am not writing I am an avid reader and bookstagrammer and bookblogger.


When did your love of books begin?

I started reading from a very early age, my earliest memories are of reading books when I was about four, mostly fairy stories and Snow White and the Seven dwarfs being my all time favourite at that age.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I have wanted to be an author since I was in my early teens, I loved to write constantly and knew one day I'd be published.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

For me it was a simple process, I've always written and with Amazon Publishing, it is made so simple for anyone to self-publish and be an indie author.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

I think the most important thing is to write every day and stick to your dreams. Don't pay too much attention to people who seem to want to deter you, they will always be out there. Your story and books are somebody elses escape and everyone loves a good book so never give up. If you have a story to write then write it. It also takes a lot of determination and patience with yourself when you are starting out.


Tell us about your book/books:

I have five books out currently, two children's books from the Boris Cat series which are inspired by my own dreamy cat Boris. They are called, Boris Flies to The Moon and Boris Meets Father Christmas. There will be three new releases this year.
Who's Watching Who is a psychological thriller mainly about living with a narcissist an how this can take over your own life. It tells the story of a woman who manages to escape and seeks revenge and the extent she will go to.
Dakota is a suspense thriller about a woman who has a very dark secret and tries to run and hide from it instead of confronting it. Her sister an her fiance try to find her and there is a turn of events that leaves behind Dakota, a series of fatal events. Her path crosses many times with those that have deceived and betrayed her. It tells the journey of a family and how they are torn apart. The sister is raped and kidnapped and left for dead.....
Jimmy Choos to Cleaning Loos is a story about a woman whose life is turned upside down when her husband announces he is leaving his job and taking them to live in Spain, in the countryside. She has to leave behind her friends and family, her perfect life and Jimmy Choos to take on a massive house reform and live in a country where she can't speak the language. It's a super funny romantic comedy that also deals with how relationships can be strained and tested under pressure.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love the engagement and support within the writing community and that we can talk all things book and writing related. You are truly connected with like minded people.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

To always give a book a go, especially by an indie author. So many books I've read are by Indie authors and they are exceptionally well written an very engaging. I think we all sometimes are drawn by a cover versus the synopsis where the key to the book actually is. For my readers, I'd love them to connect with me more and feel part of my writing journey and know that I care about them and their opinions.


Where can people connect with you?

You can find me on


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview