Jennifer Florax interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I don't really consider myself an author, more of a hobby writer. My writing is based on life experience with a desire to share the lessons I've learned with others to save them a little pain and shave some time off the learning curve.  I am not going to claim to be any kind of expert, I am a sharer of hard lessons learned and years of experience in all sorts of work environments.


When did your love of books begin?

When I was a kid, my parents used to read to us all the time. That was a treat to get a book. I was that kid that always tried to read longer under the covers. 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I never had the wish to become an author, it was purely an accident. I had finished university and found myself with spare time.  I was also in a mood where I was irritated with the behaviours around me.  In polite society, we don't express those kinds of thoughts out loud; that's for your inside voice.  So I started writing, and all sorts of things came out.  Once I was several topics into my ramblings, I realized I might have something worth sharing.  So I went back and re-wrote a lot of the content, so it was fit for public consumption.  And here we are today.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Depends on the day. It is very difficult and costly if you want to have a published work. But if you just want to write, create a blog, or a website and put yourself out there. 


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Perseverance and patience is the key. Don't expect to be a best-seller right out of the gate. It takes time to get noticed. Keep trying, keep writing, and don't give up. Reach out to your support group to help you get through the difficult moments. 


Tell us about your book/books:

Survival Guide for the Working World: What School Doesn't Teach you
The book every novice employee needs to read, Survival Guide for the Working World: What School Doesn't Teach You offers tips, tricks and bite-sized bits to help equip those entering and navigating the workforce. Combining a bit of humour with some serious conversation, the ultimate goal of this book is to make the transition from student to employee less of a shock to the system.The Hunt: The Job of Finding Employment
The Hunt will assist those new to the workforce and those looking for a career change with the tools needed to enter this race.  Sometimes we need a push or a reminder of what is required as we hunt for a job.  The Hunt provides easy-to-follow and straightforward guidance (as well as what not to do) in the search for employment. 


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love the support and encouragement. Such a lovely group of people that are willing to help promote others' work. 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I hope the information I provide in my books helps take the edge off the learning curve when entering the workplace. It's a tough row to hoe, but you can do it. 


Where can people connect with you?

https://jenniferflorax.com/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview