Em Writes interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

I remember being a young child and my parents reading a book to me, a chapter a night. I used to countdown the hours until bedtime so I could find out what happened next. I have loved reading ever since. 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I started writing about 6 years ago, it started as writing very short stories for my husband. He convinced me to start sharing them online and I picked up 50k+ reads in my first 6 months. 

Knowing how much people were enjoying them really spurred me on to continue and to also writer longer fiction stories. 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Daunting! There are so many good writers out there and I didn’t feel worthy to even call myself a writer/author for the longest time. 

I now do so with pride, I might not ever be a famous author but I enjoy what I do and I love the feedback I get from my regular readers. 


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Be determined, write daily even if it’s a personal blog or diary. When I first started sharing my fiction online, I took part in daily writing challenges. It got me into the habit of writing everyday, even if nobody was ever going to read it, I was still honing my craft. 

My other advice would be; the first draft doesn’t have to be perfect, it just has to be done. 


Tell us about your book/books:

I write short Erotica/Thriller fiction with a focus on describing detailed scenes, emotions and action. 

My work is best described as often graphic, romantic with some surprise plot twists. My topics range from Straight couples, LGBTQIA, Solo stories to BDSM practices. 

Some of my stories are one off pieces, others are released in a series of parts. 

I currently have 3 Erotica series’s which have regular updates and a new series starting soon called ‘The Devil Inside Him’. 



It is an erotic tale of online dating which has the deadliest of consequences and will be released in weekly chapters via my personal blog, Medium and Wattpad. 


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

The support is amazing! Everyone is friendly, kind and most importantly  honest. I love how generous writers are to each other when it comes to both feedback and also promoting each others work. 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you! Every read lifts my spirits and brightens my day. Knowing that I am able to take you off on a distracting journey in your mind and make you feel a range of emotions, amazes me every day. 


Where can people connect with you?

You can find me at the following:

My Blog: https://kinkywrites.Wordpress.com

Medium: https://medium.com/@angrypenguin6

Wattpad: @EmWritesUk

Twitter: @EmWritesUk


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview