Book interview - Memory Is That Raccoon by Nolcha Fox


Please tell us a little about the book

The book is divided into three sections: Love and Loss, Hours and Seasons, and Totally Unserious.  Love and Loss includes poems about family love, emotionally damaged relationships, impending death, and loss of people we love.

Hours and Seasons are poems about living in the passing of time. By the way, I have no sense of time at all, so it’s pretty amazing that I can write about it.

Totally Unserious poems are just that, possibly written with the help of dead poets in an alternative universe. 


Where did the inspiration come from for your book?

I wasn’t planning to publish the book. Towards the end of December, the Managing Editor from Cyberwit.net contacted me to let me know he wanted to publish a book of my poems. When I responded I never sent him a manuscript, he told me he found my poems on my website, which is why he contacted me.

The poems came from writing prompts, images, life events, people-watching, and mostly imagination.


How did you find the experience of writing this book?

Because the book was made up of individual poems (some previously published, some not), putting the book together was quite easy. I chose poems I liked that weren’t included in my previous books.


Did you draw any inspiration from any real life people with any of your characters?

Yes, family members, friends, and strangers. I tell people to be careful around me, they might become a poem.


If you could say anything to readers of this book then what would it be?

If you enjoy the book, please a review of the book on Amazon and tell your friends to read it.


Are there plans for more from these characters, or is it a stand alone piece?

It’s a standalone book.


Where can we purchase your book?

On Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Memory-that-raccoon-Nolcha-Fox/dp/9395224622/


Please tell us where readers can connect with you and find out about any new book releases too.

Twitter: @NolchaF

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nolcha.fox/

Website: https://bit.ly/3bT9tYu


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview