Bernard Foong interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

When I was 9 years of age, I stumbled across a book in my school library written by a fashion model of the time. I was mesmerized by the glamorous photographs of her in her haute couture designers’ outfits. She had modeled for Christian Dior, Givenchy, Yves Saint Laurent, etc. All the great fashion designers of her era. 

That sparked my calling to become a fashion designer and my interest for well written books and objects of art and beauty.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

After I closed my Honolulu fashion boutique in early 2000, I had the urge to document my teenage years at an unique boarding school where I was inducted into a clandestine fraternity before being spirited to several aristocratic and wealthy Middle Eastern Arab households. I was a part of their harem entourage. 

I wanted to record my positive harem experiences so I can leave a legacy both - myself and for the larger world. 

It took me 8 years to complete A Harem Boy’s Saga; a memoir by Young (a 5-book series). http://amzn.to/1FMlHVY


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Intoxicating, Breathless, and Invigorating! 

Intoxicating: 

It had been a long journey of research, writing, editing, proofreading, scouting for a literary agent to locating a publisher. 

Although each book in the series documents approximately 3 – 4 months of my teenage years, a lot happened during those few months. The family dynamics between each patriarch, their wives, relatives, and household staff were like mine fields that could explode if I had taken a wrong step. These valuable experiences were indeed intoxicating to say the least.

Breathless: 

During my harem years, I travelled extensively with my various patriarchs and their families to different parts of the world in their private jets, yachts, and fancy vehicles. That, in and of itself took my breath away. Not to mention, be given a chance to experience the rich and fancy lifestyles of the super wealthy. 

Documenting these breathless affluent years brought back many hidden memories that I’d left behind after I left my household services. These evocations are blessings and relieves that, that lifestyle is now behind me, and I’d gained the justification to certify the positive and negative experiences of my harem experiences.

Invigorating: 

My harem experiences gave me the insights to live a full and abundant life. Instead of chasing after wealth, power, and fame. I’d the opportunity to witness the lifestyles of the wealthy 1% which in many cases do not lead to inner peace, joy and happiness.

Certifying my harem experiences in my autobiography was and still is an invigorating exercise of release and letting go of what serve and do not serve me in my current life. It is invigorating because I’d been there, done that, and glad I did.   


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Be truthful to yourself. Let your storytelling flow from the core of your being rather than plagiarize works from other writers. Allow your candor to glide rather than forced. Write like you are downloading something divine and you are the messenger to deliver your piece of valuable information to the world. 

If you allow yourself to achieve that, you’re close to being a successful author.  


Tell us about your book/books:

The Title of my autobiography is: A Harem Boy’s Saga; a memoir by Young (a 5-book series) http://amzn.to/1FMlHVY


A Harem Boy's Saga: a memoir by Young (a 5-book series)  http://amzn.to/1FMlHVY is a sensually captivating true story about a young man coming of age in a secret society & a male harem.


Book Covers:

Book I – Initiation

 

Book II – Unbridled

Book III – Debauchery

Book IV – Turpitude

Book V – Metanoia


A Harem Boy’s Saga; a memoir by Young (a 5-book series)

A Harem Boy's Saga book trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0Lv80yhhq0


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

Generally, the writing and reading community is supportive and in many cases will assist to spread the word of new books, authors, and writers.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Reading an excellent book will transport the reader to distant realms, to lands far away where his/her imagination can take flight and be transported to live the author’s experience/experiences. Be they factual of fantastical, these virtual experiences will bring insights and exposures to a larger world.

Beyond doubt many authors will request, ask, and/or beg for book reviews. Book reviews are much appreciated from readers.   


Where can people connect with you?

I can be contacted and followed on:


Facebook links: 

https://www.facebook.com/aharemboysaga/

https://www.facebook.com/A-Boys-Unique-Story-172739062787071/

Twitter:

@bernardfoong


Website:

http://aharemboysaga.com/wp/


Email:

Young@aharemboysaga.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview