Joel Thomas interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

My love for books began I suppose reading “animorphs”. They were stories about a small team of young people who could change into one animal each at will. I was captivated, but honestly I found reading very hard and tiresome for many years, and still, although I read now, would not call myself a reader - at least not a natural one! 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I began to have the idea of writing a book about ten years ago. It was nothing but a thought. When I began to write I didn’t think I would write a book. I just sat down to write some thoughts and one page turned into a chapter, which led to a finished book. 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

The process had been slow. I’ve been inspired to write and finish my work, but it’s been slow. I often only had an hour or two spare a week, so the first book took four years. 


Tell us about your book/books:

My first book is a nonfiction, spiritual, compilation of essays on various topics about life management and managing your internal world. The second book is a contemporary fiction about a young woman trapped in prostitution - it is a modern day creative retelling of encounters with Jesus through her eyes. 


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I’m new to the writing community, so I can’t comment, I only joined twitter etc last week. There seems to be lots of friendly, inspired and helpful people though. And also seeing other people's success is a boost for me!


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

If I could say one thing. Wow that’s a difficult question to answer… I suppose I’d like to say this - Knowing Jesus has been the greatest pleasure of my life, and it far surpasses any goals of success I wish to attain. Without agenda, I hope anyone who reads my work or reads this gets to taste of his great love. 


Where can people connect with you?

People can find me on:
Instagram - JThomasAuthor
Twitter - JThomas_Author 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview