Jodie Homer interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Hello, my name is Jodie Homer, I published two books last year both in the romance genre. Raindrops on the umbrella cafe and A Magical Christmas on the Isle of Skye. I live with my husband and two children.


When did your love of books begin?

I have always loved books. I remember reading the Famous Five books when I was younger and getting all the Jaqueline Wilson ones from the library.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I think it's always been something I have been interested in. I used to write short stories at school and I joined a literacy club when I was about 8 years old.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It's one of those bloody, sweat and tears process, and then hallelujah, when it's all done just to repeat the same process again. When you hold your author copy for the first time it's almost like holding your baby.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Do it. I know it sounds cliche but even if you do notes on your phone or post-it notes. Get those ideas on paper. It doesn't hurt to try.


Tell us about your book/books:

My first book Raindrops on the umbrella cafe came about when I was watching Singin' in the rain. I was thinking how cool it would be if instead of normal blind dating you just selected an umbrella and went on a date with that person. The seaside setting came after that smidge of an idea and then the plot came after that.

A Magical Christmas on the Isle of Skye is all about Emilia, she sleeps with her best friend Harry regularly but then they spend Christmas in a cabin in Scotland with Harry's new girlfriend and a time loop that never ends. The time loop came first I've always loved the idea of time loops it's one of my favourites along with unexplainable coincidences so that is how that came about. It's always smidgens of plot and the rest comes.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

Everyone is so supportive. It's like a big warm hug from a community. Everyone shares your book news and no one gets jealous of anyone else. It's the nicest place I've ever been and I feel like I'm home. I've made so many author friends through social media.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you for sticking with me when I post nonsense online and when I release a new book you are all amazing people.


Where can people connect with you?

I am on Twitter my name is @umbrellacafe Facebook: Jodie Homer - Author Tiktok: jodiehomerauthor Instagram: jodie_loves_books


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview