Jeffrey Martin Botzenhart interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

When I was young, my mother would read books to me until I was old enough to read them myself. In school, though, I struggled to read and comprehend and ended up in special reading classes. Because of this, reading lost its importance to me for a few years. It wasn't until I entered high school that I rediscovered my passion for reading.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

When I was thirteen, I became the victim of being bullied. This went on for 6 years. I never told anyone about the abuse I endured. Writing stories became my refuge. I escaped to worlds I created with my imagination.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

At first, like everyone else, my early attempts to become a published author included rejections too numerous to count. But then one of my stories was offered a contract by a wonderful publisher in England.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

If being an author is your heart's desire, then do it. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication, so be prepared. Becoming a published author is not a sprint, but instead a marathon.


Tell us about your book/books:

I have been described as a prolific multi-genre author. In the eight years that I have been an author, I have been fortunate to have published 42 novella-length stories with two wonderful small publishers. I started out writing romance, but then added horror, science fiction, mystery, and drama to my catalogue of stories.A majority of my published works are blends of genres, as well.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I am constantly being inspired by the writing community's brilliant imagination. A subject could be written about a thousand times, but authors present a thousand different stories because no one's imagination is the same as anothers.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you for coming on this journey with me. Each time you buy and read one of my stories, you become my companions. I hope that the worlds and time we travel to within my stories leave lasting impressions with each reader.


Where can people connect with you?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview