J.A. Boulet interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

My love of writing began very early with poetry when I was five years old. I had a natural aptitude for writing poetry and I did this all the time, writing on scraps of paper. My love of writing naturally progressed into books when I was in elementary school. I don’t know exactly what prompted my fascination with novels but one day I decided to find the nearest library. I walked to the neighbourhood library and obtained my very first library card. I was approximately ten years old. I instantly became a bookworm, reading teen novels like they were candy. In my teen years, I became fascinated with Shakespeare from my grade 10 teacher and I started writing my first novel at the age of seventeen.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

It was always my goal to become an author. I never doubted this was my path in life.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

The process of becoming a published author is a steep learning curve. I had to learn about the industry, the multiple steps of editing, marketing, social media and so many other things. I can confidently say that I have done well with learning all the different aspects of being an author and so can anyone else. It just takes a determined mindset.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Set yourself weekly, monthly and annual goals. Make writing a stable part of your life. It is just as important as your family and your work. Writing adds so much to your life so give it the respect it deserves.


Tell us about your book/books:

I write in the historical fiction genre with strong love story subplots. I am a history nerd so this is natural for me and I am fascinated with immigration/explorer stories as well as family sagas. When the settlers came to North America, it was a very difficult time and not only did they need to create a new home in a foreign country, they also became involved in two world wars, WWI and WWII.

My books are about the struggle of the human spirit and the generations that followed those heroes.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

The writing community on Twitter is one of the best. It is like having a writer’s group on your phone at all times of the day. I will post sometime when I am dealing with bad insomnia at 2am and there are writers there with me. Mostly I comment and post during the day but it says a lot when your group is there beside you no matter the time of day.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Everyone has a purpose in this life. Your life is richer when you believe. Never stop believing.


Where can people connect with you?

My website has a wealth of information about me, my books, videos and my social media links. You can find me at jaboulet.ca and Amazon, as well as any places where books are sold. I am on Twitter @love_walk_life and also on Instagram at jabouletauthor, YouTube and Reddit.

Thank you so much for having me on the Feed My Reads community. You guys are amazing. Keep supporting authors. We love ya.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview