Ethan J. Kearl interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Hey, my name is Ethan Kearl and I'm so excited to connect with so many great readers. I'm a young adult author from Calgary, Canada, but I have lived in British Columbia and the islands of French Polynesia. Thanks to my time living in French Polynesia, I picked up French and some Tahitian. I sprinkle these experiences with the language and in paradise in my novels. I've been told one of my biggest writing strengths is my ability to create and develop dynamic characters and intriguing, complicated relationships. 


When did your love of books begin?

I have loved books ever since I was a kid. As a little kid I would write and direct plays with my friends. Over the years I have read books in English and French that have caused my love for books to flourish. 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I owe my wish to become an author to my dear late friend, Sky Burgess, who encouraged me to start my first official novel, The Roadie. 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It's challenging and frustrating, but relaxing and satisfying at the same time! I love being able to paint a sophisticated picture with words that capture my reader's attention, and elegantly and subtly include underlying themes to be discovered. 


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Do it! I am convinced that everyone has a wonderful story that they can tell that is unique to them and their writing style. If anyone does decide to write a story from this post, reach out to me because I would love to read it :)


Tell us about your book/books:

My novel, The Roadie, is a YA action & adventure book that releases this spring. It follows Ezra and his group of friends on a breathtaking road trip guided by a magical map. They must overcome thrilling, life-threatening challenges and beat the clock to each checkpoint. Come along for their journey to retrieve four keys that, together, will unlock a magnificent treasure!
Additionally, I am currently in the writing stage of my second novel, a thriller/romance that takes place on the beautiful island of Tahiti. Due to my time spent there, I offer an authentic description of the local wonders. This novel, Surviving the Dirty Secrets of Paradise, is the first of my new unnamed series that follows Damon Harris, his two brothers, and their security and contracting company. On a routine job at a business conference in Tahiti, Damon is tasked with protecting the gorgeous Celeste Hightower, which rapidly becomes a hands-on job. Surviving the Dirty Secrets of Paradise is sure to leave you sweating as passion builds and they flee for their lives!


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I absolutely love the devotion and enthusiasm of the reading community! Any opportunity to connect with readers is always a treat. I love how quickly fan bases can build and the connection readers feel to the characters created in stories. 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I would say thank you for taking the time to listen to me and read my work. Your support means the world to me and always motivates me to write more. 


Where can people connect with you?

Twitter - EthanJKearl
Instagram - ejkearl
Professional Email - authorejkearl@gmail.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview