Roel Reis interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

My name is Roel Reis. As an indie author I tend to write lots of short stories with various themes. One thing that characterizes me and I really like a type of the plot is a surprise that I present at the end of my short story. Elements of surprises and unexpected things that happen in everyday life make my works more lively and colorful and lead readers to constantly think about deep impressions of the unique and extraordinary life, or even questioning about life anomalies.


When did your love of books begin?

From early childhood I was very fond of books. I already felt that books have become a window to a wider world. Books have taken me on time travel to various places in other parts of the world. The classic adventure stories written by Mark Twain were so memorable. The oldies stories of the giant Gulliver, Ben Hur, Robinson Crussoe etc. enriched my imagination even more. And fortunately, I didn't have to read many thick books, since there were some publishers that presented it in the form of illustrated stories. In my childish spirit comics or illustrated stories were more interesting and allowed me to access more themes and titles, besides that they were more powerful in exercising my wildest imagination.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

My teenage years led me to prefer short stories. I grew up with various classic Russian and French authors who greatly influenced and deepened my love of short stories. That's what made my interest even greater.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

This irresistible interest have pushed me to practice writing. I like simple things, and I write in a flowing way what I observe in my daily life. However, my story never runs flat or linear. I always tuck in unexpected surprises. I enjoy the social realism themes, but then I instantly insert strange surprises that even sometime give the feel of surrealism as the ending surprisingly become unusual. It can be funny, absurd or even tragic. As an indie writer, I often write on my blogspot website and sell it on the platform.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Reading lots of books will give us more ideas and of course we can combine it with the life around us. I think, everything we do on a daily life basis can be a source of ideas for a story. And I emphasize here, when we get flashes of story ideas, whether they are still vague or obvious, then immediately grab our pen or cell phone and write it down just exactly what comes to our mind.

This is very important, because our ideas become written and we can process and develop it further. If we don't write it down quickly, I guarantee we will soon forget and miss it.


Tell us about your book/books:

As I said before..., I build stories with simple things. Through people from the lower classes of society or the mediocre. Then, I make a storyline to a more special and unusual life, where I can create many characters. For example: Innocent characters who fail in their love lives, other funny and absurd stories, life choices that end dramatically, or even tell about a psychopath with a tragic ending.

 

I currently have short stories:

Modi


Gedhem


Ariane


The Survivors


a Matchmaking


The Victim


The Ape War


And a collection of short stories in an anthology :


What do you love about the writing/reading community? 

The community is very helpful for me to connect and interact with other writers and our readers. Besides, being in a community means keeping our enthusiasm to keep on writing.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Of course, I am very honored and grateful for them. I also really appreciate and enjoy interacting with my readers. Sometimes, because of my stories are full of psychological conflicts and complexities, there are pros and cons to it. But mutually respectful interactions will build understanding between writers and readers. And as a writer I am very happy if our messages can be delivered to the public successfully.


Where can people connect with you?

Twitter:

https://twitter.com/amiroelstudio

https://twitter.com/roelreis

Facebook: https://facebook.com/amiroel.bahari/

Website:

https://amiroelstudio.blogspot.com

https://roelreis.blogspot.com

All of my books are available on Amazon and can be found right here:

Amazon author page US: https://www.amazon.com/author/roelreis

Amazon author page UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Roel-Reis/e/B0BQYMHYL6


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview