Marc Hennemann interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

My name is Marc Hennemann. I’m a retired U.S. Air Force intelligence officer, a former teacher of social studies and government, and a graduate of George Washington University and The University of Oklahoma. My wife and I live in Nevada with our spoiled dog Ozzy and our very spoiled Maine Coon cat Sugar. The only time traveling I’ve ever done is from my birthday in 1950 until now. Milady in The Accidental Time Travelers Collective is my first published work. 


When did your love of books begin?

I can’t remember a time when I didn’t love books. My parents taught me to read early in life, and I’ve since read everything from Dick and Jane to Dostoevsky.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I never really thought about becoming an author until I was in my late 40s. Even then, I didn’t act on the thought until I unexpectedly found my self with about two months of nothing to do in 2007, and I said to myself “Self, why don’t you finally write that book?”


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Not easy, that’s for sure. Writing, research, more writing, more research, beta readers, querying, agents, and finding the time to do all those things, definitely not easy.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

If you don’t know how to type, learn! Aside from that, read. A lot. Research. A lot. Very few things mess up a book more for a reader than the author getting facts wrong. Always have someone else proofread your work. You see what you expect to see, and you miss mistakes someone else will catch. If you can, have your computer read your work to you. Close your eyes and just listen. You’ll catch mistakes you would miss otherwise.   


Tell us about your book/books:

Milady in The Accidental Time Travelers Collective is about a time-traveling CIA assassin who gets dumped in 17th century France when her time machine malfunctions. Think Quantum Leap meets The Three Musketeers.
That’s the published one. The unpublished (so far) ones:

Nixon: Too Close to Call is a reimagining of the 1960 presidential election. This time Nixon defeats JFK.

Future’s Past: What if Covid 19 was a test? What if China releases a new virus, 100% lethal and only they have the vaccine/cure? Two time travelers (one of whom, is also in Milady) are sent back to 1985 San Francisco to perform a political assassination and prevent nuclear war in 2020.

The Trial of Hanoi Jane: The U.S. government seriously considered putting Jane Fonda on trial for treason in 1973. What if they had?


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

Everyone tries to help everyone else. Yeah, there are a few who are…anal cavities, but most of them are great folks.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Enjoy. Suspend your disbelief and enjoy my work. After all. None of it actually happened…or did it?


Where can people connect with you?

I’m on Facebook as Marc Hennemann and on Twitter as @MarcHennemann72. I’m looking forward to connecting with anyone who’s interested.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview