Jay Michael Night interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

I got my first book from those little scholastic penny ads we used to get in school back in the day. A spell for Chameleon was my first book. 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I didn't know I wanted to become an author until I started writing. I've read thousands of books and always had an idea to write a book about a psychic vampire that could drain the energy from people and use it to fight.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Expensive, exhausting, and extremely rewarding. I'm a dentist, but after writing and publishing 2 books this year with about five more in the works, I know it is what I want to do for the rest of my life.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Just start writing. Even if your book is crap, you wrote a book. Not a lot of people can say that. At least, that's what I tell myself sometimes now that I'm a quarter of the way into two sequels. 


Tell us about your book/books:

I currently have two books out: My first book is called The Source of Death. It is a young adult fantasy book and the first in the series. It is about Mikey Black, a kid who makes everyone around him deathly sick and he doesn't know why. 



The second book, Ocean's Edge, is an adult fantasy romance for those that like YA books but want spicy scenes. It is about Alexander Edge, a Viking vampire kop (keeper of the peace) who works for a supernatural government. While investigating a slew of kidnappings with his team, Alex finds a mermaid trapped in a tank. When the rescue goes wrong, he turns her into a vampire to save her life. It is the first published romance novel to have a vampire mermaid princess. 


Audibles for both books will be out by the end of January 2023. 


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

That we all love books. We love what they can do for us, how they can take us away or make us anything we want to be. 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

That I know life sucks sometimes, and that is why I write so that we can escape it together. 


Where can people connect with you?

I have a rapidly growing tiktok @authorJMN
Same for twitter @authorJMN
My website, JayMichaelNight.com will be up the beginning of January hopefully where I'll have merch, and the ability to buy funny signed copies. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview