Franklin R. Cariati interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

My love for books didn’t begin until adulthood. It actually began with a love for movies.  When I started watching movies that originated from books, or at least when I realized they originated from books, I became intrigued with the additional details in books that were omitted from the movies.  My favorite genre is sci-fi/fantasy…books like Lord of the Rings, Dune, Chronicles of Narnia and the Percy Jackson series. Ironically, my first book does not fall I to the fantasy genre at all. 😊


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I never really started this thinking, “I want to be an author.”  I’ve always enjoyed writing. About 4-5 years ago, I had an idea that I thought would be an interesting book and I started writing it down…or more accurately, typing it, and I saved it on a USB drive and set it aside. Some time later when I became motivated to start writing again, I tried to access my previous writing, and the drive failed. I lost everything that I had written. I became very discouraged, thinking there is no way I could duplicate my original writing.  But when I finally finished sulking, I started over from scratch. That seemed to open the flood gates in my mind, and I just kept writing. It took me quite a while to finish, having to balance writing with daily life, but I finally completed my first book in the Summer of 2022. I then began writing my 2nd book. The plan for my 2nd work is to make it a trilogy.   However, I’ve temporarily delayed writing the that one to concentrate on getting “Heart of a Hero” published and promoted.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Other than just finding time, the writing part is easy. It’s just a matter of finding inspiration. Then the ideas start to flow.   Being so new to this, the hard part has been figuring out the intricacies of publishing the book and getting others to read it.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

The first key is to find an inspiration. It can be something as simple as an object you see while walking down the street or something as complex as a person in your life or event that has happened in your life.  Start with an inspiration and build your ideas from there.


Tell us about your book/books:

My first book, “Heart of a Hero”, is meant to tell the story of ordinary people put in extraordinary circumstances. As I mentioned before, my reading passion has always been a sci-fi or fantasy, but I would classify this book as “realistic” fiction.   It incorporates themes for just about everyone…love, friendship, sports, action, drama and a little light humor. The chapters are short, making it a quick read, but one that takes the reader (or at least the writer 😊) on a roller coaster of emotions.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

Honestly, I’m so new to this, I don’t really know yet. But I’m looking forward to interacting with the community and getting to know it better.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I hope you enjoy my book. Please feel free to leave comments on my Twitter feed.  Also, always keep reading…to exercise the mind, engage your imagination and generate new ideas.


Where can people connect with you?

Twitter:  @CariatiFR


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview