E.L. McKenzie interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

I've loved books since the moment I could read.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I have always wanted to write but pursued a more traditional business career. Now that I have time, I spend a lot of it writing.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

The process for becoming an author has been a joy for me. When I saw my first book in print, it was one of the bigger, happier moments of my life. Amazon has made it so possible for anyone to be a published author.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

If you want to become an author, do it. Write write write.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

The reading and writing communities on Facebook and Twitter are incredible and uplifting (sure there's the occasional trouble maker). I am thoroughly enjoying this community.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I'd say two things to my readers. First, I hope you enjoy my books. I had fun plotting them out and writing them. And, secondly, as you leave your four or five star review (hint hint), feel free to provide a bit of critical feedback, too. My third novel in the Nick Lynch series was greatly impacted by such feedback, and in my assessment is a much better read because of it.


Where can people connect with you?

@gmgmckenzie on Twitter or email gene.mckenzie@gmail.com.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview