Dr. Man - Writers Block

In my Opinion, if you rush a story or get caught up in the daily grind, you can overtax your brains, you lose focus on the subject matter of your work; you end up writing junk!


When was the last time you had writers’ block?

It's been awhile; I know when to take a break, but when slow down and take a break, my thoughts flow!


What do you normally do to overcome writers’ block?

Kick my feet up or I catch up on my excercise; it gets easy when I turn on some old Motown!


What's the longest you have had writers' block for?

About two weeks.


How does it feel when writers’ block hits?

Like trying to push a car up a hill using a rope!


How does it feel when you have overcome writers’ block?

The story flows, but I take my time to make sure my thoughts are in line.


For those going through their own writers’ block, what would you advise them?

Put it down, walk away and don't feel guilty because you didn't write a word for two or three weeks.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview