Dawn Knox interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

I’ve loved books since I was a child. I am an only child, so I loved to read and lose myself in other worlds.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

About 18 years ago. If anyone had suggested that I might become an author when I was much younger, I wouldn’t have thought I was capable. Somewhere along the way, I realised that it was okay to dream and that dreams do sometimes come true.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I find the process of writing to be therapeutic. It gives me a reason to get up in the morning and is the last thing I think about at night. But it’s not an easy life and receiving rejections is quite demoralising.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Do it. Just write. Find others who like writing too. I have so many writing friends and they understand the ups and downs of a writer’s life.


Tell us about your book/books:

I have three humorous books: The Basilwade Chronicles, The Macaroon Chronicles and The Crispin Chronicles. Each one is a series of short stories that builds into a larger story.
The book that has my heart and soul in it, is The Great War - 100 Stories of 100 Words Honouring Those Who Lived and Died 100 Years Ago. 
I also have a series of historical saga books set in the late 18th century and early 19th century. Most of the stories take place in the penal colony of Sydney, NSW and also London.
All of my books can be found on Amazon, here mybook.to/DawnKnox


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

Other writers are so friendly, helpful and supportive. I have some very special writing friends!


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you for reading my books and I sincerely hope my stories have given you pleasure.


Where can people connect with you?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview