Ami Turnbull interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I’m Ami, I’m a solo mum to my 10 year old son, work in Financial services. I have the best group of friends, who have totally supported my writing. I live in Ipswich, Suffolk.


When did your love of books begin?

I think I always loved reading or being read to as a child. I don’t really remember a life without reading being part of my life. I think the escapism that reading brings has always been important to me, particularly in the tougher times, it’s nice to lose yourself in a book when life is serving you lemons. 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

Honestly, I always liked writing, but never enough to finish anything and I stopped writing when I was at university. I started again in 2015, I wrote the opening scene and it was the first time I’d ever written in first person and it just seemed to work. I took what I had written to some friends, my uni friends,  and their reaction was so encouraging I decided to continue. I think it was only then that I realised I wanted this story told and seen by as many readers as I can get. 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I chose to self-publish and I’ve found it a really fun experience. I roped in people I knew to help, one designing the cover, one proofing, one putting it on KDP for me. I’ve also just self-published through ACX, meaning my book is now available as an audio book and that has been really enjoyable. I had auditions, and found a lovely narrator who was very open to my feedback so it felt collaborative, albeit she made it what it is on Audible. Handing my book over to someone else for them to interpret was difficult, it’s been my baby for so long, but Rebecca has done brilliantly and I’m so grateful I can bring it to the audio book audience. 


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

If you want it enough then make it happen. And most importantly, always write for you. I can’t imagine writing and not being  invested in it. 


Tell us about your book/books:

More! is my debut novel and is a workplace romance. It follows the story of Rosie and Ethan, a chemistry magnetising them from the moment they meet. It is about starting over in your mid thirties, having vulnerability and choosing to fall in love anyway. It’s full of steamy scenes, fiery squabbles and two characters that have hurdles to conquer separately, but together. 


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

It’s really friendly and supportive of one another. And it’s lovely to be part of something that feels so positive.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

My book is for pure escapism, to lose yourself in a whirlwind, and I hope you enjoy the read. 


Where can people connect with you?

I can be followed on Twitter at @TurnbullAmi and my book is available on Amazon, Kindle Unlimited and Audible.


Amazon:  https://www.amazon.co.uk/-/e/B0B6RN6XNT


Audible link for More!: https://www.amazon.com/Audible-More/dp/B0BPRBR8GC/ref=tmm_aud_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1671017466&sr=1-8


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview