A.M. Clarke interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

My mother once told me that when I was three years old, I would look at my picture books while I sat on the potty. 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I was in my early twenties when first thought about it. I began journaling then.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I self-published my first book at 64 after I retired. I had fun writing my memoir after reading through my decades-old journals. I hired a Canadian publishing firm to do all the technical work.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

I would say, "You are never too old to write that novel."


Tell us about your book/books:

As I mentioned, me memoir is my first published book. It is called, "Insatiable Annie: Reckless and Loose on the Streets of Toronto." 
My memoir is an interesting, sometimes h and entertaining account of a lifestyle that evolved during the 1970s. It recounts the journey of a girl (myself) growing into young adulthood during the sex, drugs and rock n' roll generation that is written in a matter-of-fact, explicitly honest fashion. This memoir is not a nostalgic look at the past but a realistic account of a young women's experience in the culture of the day. 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I am glad I finally accomplished my dream of writing and publishing my book. I hope that those who read my book will be entertained and those women who came of age in the 1970s will find similar situations in common with my own.


Where can people connect with you?

People can check out my website at www.amclarkebooks.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview