Sheila Fowler interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

This is an easy one. The first book I ever read was Where the Wild Things Are. I read that book so much, my mom had to buy another one for me because I wore out the original. I loved the idea of an adventure. Books allow you to have that adventure.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

In 2020, I wrote my first book. A friend of mine liked it, so she told me that I should be happy to be an author. I didn't know what that meant at the time. Then another friend told me that I could self-publish the book through Amazon. Who knew? So, I got addicted to writing after seeing how easy it was to publish on my own. Now I can't think of my life before I was writing.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It's been a rather cathartic feeling. I have dreams and I write them down. My dreams were always so vivid, and I never knew how to get those thoughts out of my head until I became a writer. 


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Just do it! I took a chance, and I feel like I learn more about writing each day. Plus, you get to meet some lovely people in this community of ours. 


Tell us about your book/books:

I currently have 15 books published. They are split into two categories. Romance books and Mystery/Romance. I created a town in the Florida Keys for my Saddle Key Mystery series. There are 6 books in that series. I'm proud of those books. They are about a family and how they master a small town's mysteries. 
My Romance series started with my first book - Meet Virginia. All about a woman who travels to Scotland for the first time. 


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love the way we interact on Twitter. We love to uplift each other. Even sell our books to one another. It's fun to read other authors works, so it's nice to let them know how their books made me feel. 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

It's nice to have an escape. I hope my books allow you to have that escape.


Where can people connect with you?

There are a few ways to stay in touch with me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview