Nicho'lle interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Hello readers! My name is private, but my pen name is Nicho’lle. I am the author of a mental health memoir titled, “Misunderstood Insanity”. Here is a little description:

Being diagnosed with severe mental health issues, Nicho'lle writes in her diary to to cope with grief, self-harm, substance use, hyper sexuality and other negative behaviors. Through narratives, thoughts, poetry, songs and short stories, she leads her readers through the mind of what she believes is insanity and shows us how beautiful the mind can really be.

A little about myself. I enjoy horror movies. Like, a lot. My favorite movie of all time is “The Exorcist”. I also enjoy collecting tennis shoes; Jordans to be exact. I am a huge “Sneakerhead”. I have two dogs whom I love with my whole heart. Their names are Jalapeno and Pita. I also just recently married a stable and supportive man. I needed someone to level out my crazy.


When did your love of books begin?

I’ve enjoyed writing since a very young age but it wasn’t until 2015 that I decided I wanted to write a book. My father completed suicide and I went through a very rough time being hospitalized more times than I can count. I started journaling my story and finally published my diary in 2021. I don’t enjoy reading as much as I used to but if I was to read something, it would have to be memoirs similar to my own by indie authors. Poetry is also fun to read as well.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I’ve enjoyed writing since a very young age but it wasn’t until 2015 that I decided I wanted to write a book. My father completed suicide and I went through a very rough time being hospitalized more times than I can count. I started journaling my story and finally published my diary in 2021. I don’t enjoy reading as much as I used to but if I was to read something, it would have to be memoirs similar to my own by indie authors. Poetry is also fun to read as well.


Tell us about your book/books:

I am currently writing part two of my memoir. This is an official statement: It is going to be called, “Consistently Inconsistent”. It is going to be laid out exactly like “Misunderstood Insanity” but this time there will be some essays added to it. Still a ton of crazy stories, though.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I absolutely love the writing community because of all of the positive support and constructive criticism. There are authors of all different experiences out there and although it is nice to be complimented on hard work, it is even nicer to receive feedback from the veteran authors in the community. That is what I get excited about. A 5 star review is nice but when someone who has sold thousands of books reads some of your work and critiques it, it becomes so much more personal. 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I want to tell my readers to keep their heads up. Life is stressful but as long as you find something you are passionate about, the time goes by a lot smoother 😊


Where can people connect with you?

I will admit. I started my journey on a blog site. www.misunderstood-insanity.com is where you can find my work before I put it into book format. You can also follow me on the following social media sites:

Facebook: Group name= Me vs Me

Twitter: @Nicholleinsane

Instagram: @Misunderstoodinsanity

 

Love and Rage,

Nicho'lle


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview