Michelle Gussow interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I started out as a storyteller. In the early 2000's I had the opportunity to write my stories in a column in the Jewish Post and Opinion. Many people suggested I should compile the best into a book. The rest is history as they say.


When did your love of books begin?

It was likely so early on in my life that I don't remember. What I remember most is the as a child I loved when people read to me, especially when they did different voices for all the characters.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

My grandmother was a storyteller. I remember starting to make up stories (in oral format) as young as five-years-old. Nobody ever told me that this was something I could do so it was really decades later when I could just sit down and do it.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I just sat down and started writing. What I found "crazy" was going through the whole process of self publishing, all the different steps involved with the company I use.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

First and foremost, don't let anyone discourage you. Along those lines, do not let yourself discourage you. Whatever comes to your mind write it down. I have files of notes. Some of them may never be used but I write every idea, scenario, conversation that comes to mind. Bottom line, just do it.


Tell us about your book/books:

Two of them are humorous essays/stories from my life. The first focuses on growing up Jewish with a few others thrown in. The second is a look back on my decades in the entertainment business.
Two of them are dessert recipe books with "humor breaks" because people always expect a story from me.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love the moral support. It is especially great when I am feeling stressed over something, thinking I am the only one experiencing it for the reason I am. I feel so much better learning I am not alone.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I love meeting and interacting with you.


Where can people connect with you?

All of my social media, internet links are available on linktree at https://linktr.ee/jarrodssis.

I can be reached through the social media platform of anyone's choice.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview