Lee Hall interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Lee Hall is an indie author and blogger from the UK. His multiple releases span across genres including the five part occult Order of the Following Series and author/blogger guide book Consistent Creative Content. You can catch him most days on Twitter supporting others and sharing the experiences from his journey. 

Writing and wanting the world to see his work has always been a dream for Lee and quite soon he will be querying agents to find a traditional publisher. 


When did your love of books begin?

Many years ago probably when I was younger than ten, instead of being asleep I’d read long after bedtime. Roald Dahl’s works shaped that early love for reading which also continued with the influence of a few teachers who were passionate about books. I was lucky enough to be introduced to Tolkien around that time. There’s a certain charm and magic when it comes to books and at a young age I appreciated that, I still do now. 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

It wasn’t that long after I became a passionate reader that I had aspirations to create my own stuff. A kid like me eventually put down the action figures but kept the characters I’d given them and put them into my stories. I guess for me, writing books became an extension of my own imagination. 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Early on I realised this wasn’t going to be easy. It’s kind of like having homework for the rest of your life but the fun kind and it takes a lot of time, patience and work. Whether or not I have gotten any better over time isn’t really for me to say but my love for writing has never gone away much like my passion. 

To me a writer only really has two jobs; to get those creative thoughts in their own head onto a page and then get them into a reader’s imagination. How you translate those thoughts into words is a process we all have different and unique ways of doing. 


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

The more time you dedicate to the craft, the easier it will eventually become. 

And there’s definitely room for way more stories out there which means there is plenty of room for more authors also. The journey is long but it can be rewarding for those who keep going and keep doing their best to learn. If you do have the passion for telling stories or for any type of writing, then you would have probably known the struggle it can bring sometimes – that’s normal, embrace it and only you can find the power within to make your writing work to overcome it. 


Tell us about your book/books:

Currently I have eight books available across different genres and length. My shortest and probably most powerful is paranormal romance The Ghost Beside Me which has become a writers favourite over the years. Of course my guide book Consistent Creative Content has brought me a lot closer to those creatives as it lays out my journey to regular releases, blogging success and social media growth. At the moment my most divisive is super hero comedy The Teleporter which has driven much of my earlier success. 




What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I think above everything, I find comfort in knowing there are others out there like me. This writing journey can be one of solitude and many of us can be introverted by that but I get my energy from connecting with others. I’ve always had the philosophy that everyone wins if an author finds success because success for one author is a win for all. 

Reading is why I got into this, but a lot of the time, the community is why I’m still here. 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you for believing in me and taking a chance on my work.  There’s plenty more where that came from trust me. 


Where can people connect with you?

You can find me most days being mildly addicted to Twitter - @lhallwriter 

My Hall of Information blog is the nerve centre for most of my content including book reviews, free-to-read guides and general ramblings – leehallwriter.com  

And my Patreon is the best place for those guides as it contains my exclusive Twitter coaching sessions as well as many other cool things – patreon.com/lhallwriter 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview