K. Powell interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

My love for books began when I first received a copy of Sister Soujias the coldest winter ever. It opened my eyes and made me hopeful that I too one day could write a book. 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I have been writing since I was 10 years old. I use write short stories and song lyrics. Writing has always been my outlet whenever I was feeling sad or lonely. I remember writing a story in a black and white composition notebook during my teenage years. I received amazing feedback from my peers but life took me in a different direction. During the pandemic, I had a lot of free time and I started to read more books and I got that same feeling that I had when I read the coldest winter ever. I never thought that I could pursue being an author because I already had a plan a, which was go to college and become a social worker. As fulfilled as I am with my career choice. Becoming an author always lingered in the back of my mind, but who says you can’t have two plan a’s.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I found the process to be somewhat challenging. Becoming an author is not just about writing but also about marketing. I am an introverted Awww aww person and I had to break out of my shell. I had to be comfortable being uncomfortable with promoting not only my book but myself as well. 


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

If you want to become an author, talent and time should not be a deterrent towards your goal but be persistent and focus on the end result. The first draft is better than no draft at all, so write. 


Tell us about your book/books:

My first book Show You No Mercy was released on November 8! It is now available on amazon. This is an urban fiction thriller. This book surrounds the life of a well-known detective, Nora Woods, who has a shady past. Her happy life is interrupted by someone from her past who wants revenge for the life that was taken from them. Nora must race against the clock to save her family and herself.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

What I love about the writing/reading community is the shared interest in creating intricate stories, the constructive criticism, which helps me to improve my writing skills. 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you for your support. I am happy to share my stories with you all. Stay tune because there is more to come.


Where can people connect with you?

Instagram: @iamk.powell

Twitter: @iamkpowell

TikTok: @kpowellwrites 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview