Favian Segovia interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Hi! My name is Favian Segovia I was born in Bravo Mexico. I was brought to the US when I was one year old. We lived in several cities in Texas ranging from Rio grande valley and Houston. In Houston we lived there from 84 to 93 then we moved back to the valley in 93 up to now. 


When did your love of books begin?

As a child, I loved going thru the books at school even though my language was limited at the time I loved the art and the simple language of the books of that time. So I was feeding on those books throughout my elementary years. Then in my middle school years, I started writing letters to my girlfriends day in a day out so I always expressed myself thru letters. Then years later I met my wife and I kept doing what I did in middle school. I wrote love letters to my wife. After a few years of marriage, I joined a local band and played the guitar when we practiced. So writing music was my next venture. I wrote a few songs that I keep close to my heart today. Unfortunately, the band did not work because we could not do d the time to get together to play our songs. So I went my way. And in 2017 The Last Man? was born and it is what I want to do for the rest of my life. 



When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

2017 is when I wrote my book that time frame is when I decided that I wanted to do this for the rest of my life.



How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It was complicated at first because I did not understand the process and steps that I had to take. But I researched with daddy google the steps to becoming an author.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

I would say being patient is the most important thing to do. Then hire a publisher that can help you with editing, proofreading, and cover design. This is the most important thing to do.
The steps I took to write my book were the following: first, know your genre. Is it sci-fi, romance, etc... Second, timeline? Does it take place in the current world, medieval fantasy world, etc... Third, develop your plot on the world that you already built, and last develop your characters around the plot and work them out one by one. These are the steps I took for my book.


Tell us about your book/books:

The Last Man? is an action-adventure story, but it does have some elements of humor and romance. It's my first installment of a three-book series. With a prequel on my thought if everything goes smoothly with all three. And a different genre for my future books.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

The writing community is very supportive wish is very helpful. Although there are some perfectionists out there looking for any mistake an author makes to feel worthless. But we are not here to make freinds, we are here to make mistakes and learn from them. I remember once I told my uncle that he could not graduate because he was too old and he proved me wrong and I feel bad for my words. People change. So never give up.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Never give up your dreams and never let others interfere with what you love to follow your passion and don't be afraid to spend the money to make it a reality. Remember you only live once so don't waste it. Don't be afraid of losing because you will regret it as I did.



Where can people connect with you?

Anytime they can reach me thru social media. My links are the following:

Favian Segovia (@FSegoviaWrites)https://twitter.com/FSegoviaWrites?t=eJlGTBy2Q_2u-cMsffU-EQ&s=03I'm on Instagram as @fsmwriter. Install the app to follow my photos and videos. https://www.instagram.com/invites/contact/?i=3k243nqrr7jw&utm_content=6osogu

Tiktok
Snap chat
Facebook


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview