Clare Archer interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I’m Clare Archer, and I’m a sucker for anything that falls under the fantasy romance umbrella: epic fantasy, urban fantasy, sci-fi romance even monster and alien romances! I still have a full-time job in the corporate world with a husband and five-year-old daughter so I write in any available moments I can find!


When did your love of books begin?

I wasn’t a book lover until late middle school or early high school. My tastes have greatly evolved over the years, starting with contemporary rom coms and lately testing the waters with dark romance. But when I picked up Harry Potter and Twilight as a teenager my love for fantasy exploded and my world was forever changed.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I always had the secret desire to write, but never thought it was something I could accomplish. When my dad died in 2019, I needed some way to come to terms with grief and death. I was immediately thrown into a new world of immortals and creationism, an explanation of how and why things exist. This High Creator was born, someone who had the power of the cosmos and creation within him, and for three years I lived in that world, fleshing it out into a trilogy that has become more of my real life than my daily monotony. I still didn’t intend to publish, but in 2021 I was diagnosed with breast cancer, and after a year of chemo, radiation, surgeries, tests and illness I was over my petty fears. If there’s anything I’ve learned in the past few years it’s that life is short and precious, and when I was declared cancer-free I began the journey of pursuing my dreams and self-publishing.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I started to follow authors on social media, especially TikTok, and I saw how talented and driven so many self-published authors are. I knew it was something I could do myself, so I surrounded myself with like-minded individuals and learned the necessities of self-publishing on my own time. It’s certainly not easy by any means, but I have never been happier.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

I would say simply start writing. It doesn’t have to be good, and it doesn’t have to make sense. Put words to the page and create a first draft. Once you have it down you can go back and focus on making it a cohesive story. Writing to me is like a watercolor painting. You start with the base which is usually a watered-down mess that is barely visible, but once you go back and add layer upon layer, you slowly see the image come alive until you’re left with a piece of art. Once you’ve written your story, do your research on which route of publication is best suited for you: traditional or self-publishing.


Tell us about your book/books:

The Divine Oblivion is book one of The Secrets of the Sun Trilogy. Release date is March 7, 2023


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I absolutely love the reading and writing community because there is such passion behind our love of books. We’re all seeking the same thing, an adventure or escape from our lives. I also find that voracious readers tend to be more thoughtful, curious and compassionate due to the many shoes they’ve stepped into on their reading journeys.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you so very much for choosing to spend your precious time with my book! It was a labor of love and if there are just a few people who it resonates with I will be overjoyed.


Where can people connect with you?

I’m on most social media platforms as Clare Archer, but the quickest and easiest way to reach out to me is through email: clare.archer.books@gmail.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview