Becky Flade interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Hi! I’m Becky Flade reader, author, and lover of all things related to Jim Henson. I’m addicted to coffee and words; and obsessed with my beautiful family.


When did your love of books begin?

I bought my first book at my first book fair while in kindergarten (also wrote my first book in kindergarten). It was Beauty & the Beast.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I’m not sure how old I was, elementary school definitely, maybe the time a short story I wrote ran in a local paper. That feels like the beginning of the dream to be published but I started writing stories long before that; and had them running in my imagination even longer.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It’s been a long, slow, hard journey but incredibly worth it. With each book I’ve learned more and improved my craft. Last month [October 2022], I won my first award as an author. Well, the book did, Fall to Pieces, took the RONE for best suspense/thriller.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

The flash-bang success of E.L. Todd and television shows depicting a first-time author getting a 6-figure book deal on the strength of their pitch alone, are not representative of the experience. Stephen King’s Carrie getting rejected 80 times, and Nora Roberts writing small trade paperbacks for 16 years before Putnam pubbed her 1st NY Times bestseller Montana Sky, are. Temper hope with realistic expectations and WORK HARD.


Tell us about your book/books:

I broke into “the biz” with erotic novellas, branched into novels with paranormal romantic suspense, but really found my niche with romantic thrillers set in my hometown, Philadelphia. I’m enjoying some success there with readers and critics including attention with local news and award nominations/wins.




What do you love about the writing/reading community?

The support everyone has for one another. It’s very much a community that lifts each other up and I love that.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I write what I like to read. I sincerely hope you like to read what I write.


Where can people connect with you?

You can find me at Facebook more often than not https://www.facebook.com/BeckyFlade and Twitter more than others but I do have accounts on TikTok, Instagram, Tumblr, BookBub, and Goodreads. I also have a blog beckyfladeblogspot.com, a newsletter, and author pages at Amazon, Harlequin, Simon & Schuster, and Tirgearr Publishing where the bulk of my titles reside [tirpub.com/bflade]tirpub.com/bflade  But if none of that appeals, you can send an email to beckyfladeauthor@gmail.com


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview