Athene Z. Adam interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

My love of books has been around for as long as I can remember. My mother taught me to read at pre-school age, and I'm told that I would steal the books my older sister would bring home from school to read them. Then when I was older, I would hide my novel behind school books, while I pretended to do my homework. I'm fairly sure my dismal math skills were a direct result of that.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I think my fondness for writing has always been present, whether it be in business or creative form. But I didn't turn my mind to formal publishing until a couple of years ago. My novel series, Reign of the North Forest, was more a fun project, pushing the limits of my imagination until I realized I wanted to share the fictional world I created with Earth.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

This process has been one of the most difficult things I have done in my life. Indie authors know that self-publishing requires research, time, and an incredible amount of patience. My love for my fictional world, my positive outlook on learning from my successes and failures, and telling myself that hundreds if not thousands of people have done this before me—so I can, too—all kept me going.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Regardless of the field, I think that professional growth stops when we think we have no more room to learn. We are the experts in the books we've written. And yet we can always learn from others--beta readers, industry professionals, other authors.... Even people who have nothing to do with the writing field can teach you things that are important to know when running your own author business. The process can be hard, but not impossible. If becoming an author is your passion, pursue it. You can do it!


Tell us about your book/books:

Imperious Realm is the first book in the Reign of the North Forest series. It's a futuristic political science fiction novel about a boy who struggles with his difficult childhood as the population stops aging.
When Earth has finally pressed the planet's limits, the wealthy use prisoners to test a potentially habitable yet sensitive planet called Eiyesa, discovered in an alternate solar system, the Nebulon solar system. The story centres on the descendants of these prisoners. In this society, a virus is causing adults to rapidly age then die, and the children to stop aging. Unable to reproduce, the population becomes stagnant. The protagonist Sergen navigates his own difficulties of not being able to age and all the complexities and challenges of this un-aging society.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I absolutely love the passion people have with either writing or reading. We can travel the world (or even the solar system) with a great book. We become invested, and beloved characters become our friends.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I think Imperious Realm offers something to which we can all relate in this modern day. I truly hope you enjoy the world of Eiyesa as much as I do.


Where can people connect with you?

My author website, athenezadam.com, has a listing of all the platforms through which I am accessible—just click on the "Social Media" page.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown