Arianne Nicks interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Arianne Nicks, the author of Soul of Light and Thunder, the first book in the Soul Erosion series, is an indie author currently living in Romania.When she’s not writing, Ari is either delighting in other authors’ works or keeping busy with her job as a database developer. A chocolate aficionado, Ari loves exercising so she can keep eating.She is currently working on book two in the Soul Erosion series, which is scheduled to be released in 2023!


When did your love of books begin?

My love of books began when I was 11-12 years old and discovered the novel series by Alexandre Dumas, "The Three Musketeers". I was immediately in love with the story and I had to follow it until the end, reading all the other 6 or 7 volumes that followed.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I think I was about 12 or 13 years old when I started thinking about becoming a writer. I loved reading and the feelings of joy and excitement a new story gave me, and I wished to do the same for other people. 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Harder than expected, but I wouldn't change a thing. Being a self-published author often means you'll be wearing more than just the "writer" hat. It also involves a lot of time and resources, yet I have enjoyed every minute of it. I love being self-published because it gives me the chance to be in control of everything concerning my books, but I wouldn't say no to being a hybrid author.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Don't give up. If you work hard on your dreams, they will come true.Research. A lot. Everything you're unsure about - research.
Find a published author willing to mentor you, or maybe just give you some advice.


Tell us about your book/books:

My debut novel is called "Soul of Light and Thunder" and it's the first book in the Soul Erosion series. It's a new adult, urban fantasy, contemporary romance story set between Chicago and Japan about a nerdy girl starting college who ends up in the middle of a fighters' family feud.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I found a lot of support and advice in the writing and reading communities. I met great people who have become my friends and learned a lot from the ones who have more experience. I like that people are sharing their writing experiences, and also I'm never short on book recommendations!


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I'm grateful to each and every reader who gave my book a chance, to all the readers who added it to their TBR, and to all the readers who are looking forward to reading it in the future. I hope they enjoy the adventures between Chicago and Japan, the magic, and the love story.


Where can people connect with you?

You can find me on the below social media accounts and on my website:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Claude Bouchard interview