Annabelle Z. Morris interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I'm forty-eight and occasionally regret partying as if I was eighteen. I love various sports and have been fortunate to travel to many countries to watch cricket and rugby. I'm married, work full-time, and published my first book Back to Better on 4 February 2022 under the pen-name, Annabelle Z Morris.


When did your love of books begin?

I never dis-liked reading. 
My English and French law degree, then subsequent Chartered Accountant and Insolvency exams, and my current career in insolvency regulation involve huge amounts of it, meaning reading for pleasure only really came significantly to the forefront during the Pandemic. The time I used to spent watching sport was filled with reading and writing.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

Around February 2021, after my husband suggested I should publish what I was writing.
His sister and her husband bought me a stunning leather-bound journal for Christmas 2020. After rapidly filling its pages, I started to type my musings. Hubby sat in our kitchen corner reading and laughing. He told me I was funnier in writing than in person and should publish.
It definitely meant I kept the writing momentum. 


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

Cathartic in many ways. Notably eradicating rants that aren't of interest to anyone was akin to a cleansing process. 
Pitching to agents became all-encompassing and so I'm grateful there's a self-publishing alternative.
Writing my own book seems to have altered how I read though. I spent hours researching how to write for publishing, for example what to capitalise. I hadn't noticed it was different for family relations depending on the sentence structure. When reading now, I can't help seeing when book-writing rules haven't been adhered to by the author, and also smile when they have been.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

If it's your true desire, I can't think of any genuine barrier given the self-publishing option. 
As a full-time worker, I had, and still have to be careful not to let it become stressful, while also remaining committed to finish and publish at an appropriate date.


Tell us about your book/books:

Back to Better is my 2021 non-fiction memoir. It starts after a unique period of stress-related illness and absence from work. As we all continued to navigate the ongoing Pandemic challenges, I had no idea my potentially biggest one of 2021 was yet to come.
I'm thrilled with the international reviews saying it's uplifting with laugh out loud moments. 
I'm writing various pieces including a potential sequel, which would equally stand-alone.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I've bought and read books by other Indie authors I never would have found. As an Indie author myself, I appreciate what every sale can mean and always rate and review, although sometimes only directly to the author.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Choose Kind. In everything you do. Always.


Where can people connect with you?

Instagram - alimorgan16
Twitter - @ALIMORGAN74

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B09RV3DK8S/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1667130939&sr=1-1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview