Angela Newland interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


When did your love of books begin?

As a child I loved books, one of my favourite authors was Enid Blyton, and a favourite book of mine was "Miss Happiness and Miss Flower" by Rumer Godden, I also loved all the ladybird stories like The princess and the Pea, The Three Billy Goats Gruff etc. I've never really stopped reading.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

Only recently believe it or not, when I hit 50 I just felt that I had all this information that could help someone, and that by getting it out of my head and onto paper it also helped me.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It has been slow! I am quite an impatient person so that doesn't help, but the process seems so long, it has to be that way I know but it feels like so much waiting and wondering.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

I would say do it, never give up, keep sending your work out, or self publish, but definitely keep pushing on.


Tell us about your book/books:

My book is called "I am Mum'' it is based on a true story of mum life, being a mum and a stepmum, the things that happened that nobody talks about, how hard it is, and what help there isn't! It has been written in the hope that it will help others experiencing similar things.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love the support and understanding that you get from both authors and readers.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I would say never feel like you are alone in your situation, and always talk about it.


Where can people connect with you?

Some of the ways to contact me are - I am on twitter @authornewland, or via email at authornewland@gmail.com, on FB my page is Author - Angela Newland.   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview