Almedia Ryan interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

My name is Almedia Ryan and I'm a fantasy author loving life in the beautiful state of Montana. When I'm not immersed in writing, you're more than likely to find me exploring nature, taking pictures or painting, covered in flour while baking, or sipping spice tea in front of a fire with the love of my life, two wonderful children, a ridiculously cute cat named Coconut, and a spoiled-rotten husky named Boulder.


When did your love of books begin?

Many, many moons ago. I don't remember a time when I didn't enjoy reading books or hearing tales of lore.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

To become a writer was always a dream, though life took me in another direction for a while. I was a dance choreographer and artist for the majority, but when a few too many dance injuries forced me to take a break, I took the time to really see if my dream of being an author could come true.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It's a path filled with both remarkable glee and suffocating self-doubt. As a brand new author, every time I sent out a query letter or received a rejection, I learned something new about the publishing business. From my experience, I can tell you that timing and persistence seemed to be the key which unlocked the publishing doors. 


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Keep writing your amazing stories and never give up. If writing is what you dream of doing then do it, no matter what stage of life you're in. I didn’t start “officially” writing until I was 38. It's never too late. 


Tell us about your book/books:

My debut YA fantasy, Those Beneath, is a story inspired by Irish and Scottish folklore, mystical tales my father would tell on our outdoor adventures. A short blurb: “Deep within the woods, a hollowed oak tree is the doorway to a darker world—and for nearly nineteen years Veil has called this place home. Veil belongs to a banished clan, a clan that hides in an eerie subterranean labyrinth filled with unimaginable threats. To survive, the clan—also known as the Sidhe—share their underground tunnels with other devious creatures. Together, they use their supernatural abilities to manipulate the elements of nature and to consume the weak human minds they enslave. 

When a grim fate of sinister harps, scarce moons, and a betrothal to a warring bloodthirsty clan is revealed, Veil flees the only place she’s ever known and crosses the border to the human realm. Her escape leads her to Kellan McGrath, a bitter farmer who wishes to leave his small-town life behind.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

The support from the writing and reading community is amazing. Fellow authors and readers from around the world turn from a small profile picture into true friendships. We all come together to celebrate each other’s accomplishments and rally when times are hard to lift each other up. 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

In a world filled with fantastic books and elegant words, I’ll be forever humbled that you chose to read my story. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.


Where can people connect with you?

My linktree account is a great way to keep connected with me. I’m still navigating the social media world but can be found on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Goodreads, and TikTok.

https://linktr.ee/AlmediaRyan?utm_source=linktree_profile_share&ltsid=54370387-1a84-4f0c-abc3-cda8027d63cb



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview