Adrian Zupp interview 2

AUTHOR INTERVIEW 2


First of all welcome back for another interview with Feed My Reads as our community really do appreciate you taking the time to do this.


So, our first question is who is your writing hero?

Charles Bukowski


Which book or books would you say influenced you the most on your writing journey?

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson, South of No North by Charles Bukowski, A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess, Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger, Moving Parts by Steve Katz, Less Than Zero by Bret Easton Ellis, Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut, Bright Lights Bright City by Jay McInerney, Butterfly Stories by William T. Vollman. Also, very early on, the lyrics on the rock album Billion Dollar Babies by Alice Cooper, and other rock lyricists. Aladdin Sane by David Bowie was another biggie.


If you could choose one book by someone else that you wish you had written then which would it be and why?

I don’t really have one. I’m happy doing what I do.


Who have been your biggest supporters during your writing career to date and what would you like to say to them?

My mother; my professors Steve Katz, Lucia Berlin, and Ron Sukenick; my undergraduate writing teacher Nick Mansfield; Gail Cork, former head of the Australian Society of Authors; and my great friend and graphic designer Elizabeth DeMarco. I’ve tried to thank them all. I simply want them to know how important they’ve been to my career and how much they mean to me.


We all know how important reviews are to authors so if you could speak directly to them what would you say about reviewing books they read?

For god’s sake broaden your view of literature. Most of it sounds like it came out of the same can.


Where can people connect with you?

Just email me at zuppadrian@gmail.com. The book also has its own website that was professionally designed and built, and is very visual and impressionistic (and has a good deal of biographical content as well): adrianzupp.com/all-of-my-friends-died-in-plane-crashes/ I will have another book (already written) coming out in 2023, and it will be added as a separate section of the website. So the website, social media, and all the other usual means will be used to announce the release of the book. Including Feed My Reads!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview