Stefanie Nici interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

I would like to say hello and thank you for taking time out of your day to allow me to talk about my work.

My name is Stefanie Nici and I write Contemporary Women’s Fiction.


When did your love of books begin?

My love for books began at a very young age. We lived in a remote area and my mother was always reading books, celebrity magazines, and the TV Guide, believe it or not, was very popular at one time.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

Reading and writing just seemed to come naturally and were always my best subjects in school. Ever since I could remember, I dreamed of taking that passion I had for storytelling and sharing it with the world.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

The process of becoming an author has been quite fun. Yes, we are faced with roadblocks, and other areas that delay the journey but like they say -

“Anything worth having is worth working hard for.” And, if you love it, it’s worth it.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Put the time in. Read other books. Get familiar with social media. There are plenty of resources out there to help you write your story, find editors, self-publish, or seek an agent. Writers have it much easier today so you must take advantage of that. And for those writers who tell themselves, their work is garbage; no one will read it; I’m giving up -  Something I like to remind new writers is – “If you found it interesting enough to write, someone will find it interesting enough to read.”


Tell us about your book/books:

My debut novel is a women’s fiction work titled The Smoke Tree. I was truly flattered to learn how many readers enjoyed the story of Tora, a woman who learns her husband has been keeping a secret that affects not only her marriage but her family and friendships.

The feedback I received from that book led me to continue Tora’s story in The Smoke Tree Broken Branches. 

After that, I tried my hand at nonfiction. I wrote a guide to help authors titled, “How To Find Readers For Your Book,” because a big problem for authors is finding their next reader. Spring of 2022 I released, The Wishing Stone. A story about family, summers in Montauk, and first crushes.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

I want to let my readers know that I truly appreciate every single one of you. There is no greater compliment than someone taking a chance on one of your books, whether they like it or not. If books were ice cream sundaes, you would be the cherry on top!


Where can people connect with you?

I would love to connect with others on my Facebook author page  https://www.facebook.com/stefanieniciwriter/

If you would like to check out my books and their reviews please visit  https://www.amazon.in/Stefanie-Nici/e/B081S3WBPY


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview