S V Byrnes interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

My name is Scott, but you might know my pen name - S V Byrnes. My first published work - Withdrawal, the series has sold internationally. It’s a story about people trying to survive after an economic collapse. It’s the first in the series, and book two is awaiting the cover art. My co-author (Mark A Smith) and I are hoping for a release by the end of the year. I live in the Southwest, have an amazing fiancĂ©, love dogs, cooking, cars and of course, all things books! I also have a book blog! 


When did your love of books begin?

In college. I had to do a book report, and I knew that I didn’t want to do the same books that everyone else does. (Catcher in Rye, To Kill a Mockingbird, etc. Nothing against those books I just wanted to do something different.) So, I went to the campus library, and asked the librarian. She suggested a book called The Tenth Justice by Brad Meltzer. I wasn’t much of a reader, but that book changed it all. 


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

Once I moved to Oklahoma. (No longer live there) I kept having dreams that I couldn’t make sense of, so I started taking notes of the things I could remember. After awhile, I started looking over all the notes and realized I have never read a book, nor seen a movie that had anything like those notes contained. So, I started my writing journey. That’s around the same time that I met Mark. One of his books had just been published. I had told him that I thought it would be cool to work on something together, and that’s when the whole process for Withdrawal began.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It’s interesting to me. Every author I know does things differently. I tend to just start writing and then edit every so often. It’s what works for me. I’ve been a fan of doing research for various topics, so that helps too. No two WIPs I have are the same, except for the genre they’re in. Although I have a few different genres I’m working on. It went from just an idea I had to write to this whole thing where I’m writing every day. I love it. I’m thankful that I went this route in life!


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Do it! Don’t let fear stop you. You have to start somewhere. Don’t compare yourself to other authors. Just write the story you want to tell, and don’t give up. It’s therapeutic for not just myself, but others as well. That, and remember that you can always edit anything you’ve written. It doesn’t have to polished the first go round. I believe in you!


Tell us about your book/books:

As I mentioned above, Withdrawal the series is my first published book. It’s a dystopian war fiction. People fighting to survive after an economic collapse. Both Mark and myself are proud of not just that novel, but the others that we’ve written for the series. 
I also have an interracial romance out, titled Distant Love. Two people met online and quickly fell for each other. The issue is that they live 1,400 miles apart. It may or may not be loosely based on real life. I’m proud of this one as well, although I rushed to get it out. It’s not as polished as it could be, but a good friend of mine that owns a publishing/editing company are working to fix the issues contained in its pages. 


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

The way you can ask for advice on anything, and no one hesitates to give an answer. I see plenty of other authors on social media that do all sorts of things that inspire, uplift and just help in general when it comes to other authors. It might be a writing prompt, an answer to a question, or even just sharing a link to someone else’s book. 


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you! Your support means more than I can express. The fact that you have chosen to pick up a copy of something that I have poured my heart, soul and time into means a great deal to me! I can’t wait to share more stories with you as they get finished. 


Where can people connect with you?

You can find me on 
Twitter at  @AuthorSVByrnes
Facebook at Author S V Byrnes


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview