Riley Blake interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Thank you for inviting me. I’m excited to be your guest today.  I’m Riley Blake, a cozy mystery and thriller writer living in Middle Tennessee with my husband and two demanding little dogs. When I’m not writing, I can be found at church, bible study, reading, or spending time with our rescue goats. My husband and I are also Tennessee Titans football fans.


When did your love of books begin?

My love of reading began early in life. My grandmother worked for Grosset & Dunlap Publishing (now part of Penguin Random House) so we were never short on books. During my childhood, Grosset & Dunlap was widely known for Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, and other young adult/juvenile series so we always had something new and wonderful to read.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

I was very young when I realized I wanted to write. Our elementary school librarian always invited some of the most talented children’s authors to visit with the students. Two of the most memorable were William O. Steele and Ellen Raskin. They both took the time to answer questions and provided unforgettable encouragement to their young audiences.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Find your own writing style and develop it without any concern for traditional ‘rules’ as you’re writing. If your primary focus is telling your story, it will show in the end result. Once you have a completed manuscript, then you can focus on editing. The easiest way to write your first manuscript is to sit down and start telling your story as if you’re talking to a friend.


Tell us about your book/books:

During the Kindle Worlds era, I started writing in the Miss Fortune universe. I’m still fortunate enough to write in that world (with permissions from J&R Fanfiction). My latest releases include Buried in the BayouBayou Summer, and Bayou Autumn. I’m also thrilled to invite your readers to check out Bayou Haunted House which is a new release.

 

Bayou Haunted House takes readers into neighboring Wasteland where Gomer Hollowman (introduced in the Bayou Cozy Romantic Thrills series) hosts a haunted house while reopening Wasteland Steakhouse. He has a surprise in store for our favorite bayou sleuths, but someone is waiting in the swamps to bring forward a few surprises of their own.



What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I enjoy being part of a much larger community of readers and writers. In many ways, we’re all very similar in that we love being swept away to another world where we can enjoy the unknown mystery of how the story ends for someone else.  


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you for reading my books and short stories. I’m so grateful.


Where can people connect with you?

Most of my time is spent on Twitter because so many of my reader friends are there, but I’m also on Pinterest and could easily develop a pinning addiction! If there’s a new season or holiday on the horizon, I’m pinning. 😊   

I love hearing from readers direct at rileyblakeauthor@gmail.com and always welcome the opportunity to read at book events or libraries in the Middle Tennessee or Northern Alabama areas.

 

Twitter https://twitter.com/rileyblakebooks

Pinterest : https://www.pinterest.com/RileyBlakeBooks

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RileyBlakeBooks/

Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/rileyblakebooks)

 

Thank you for hosting me today! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview