P.K. Reeves interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

Hello! My name is P. K., and I'm a Filipino American. I write stories that feature a Filipino FMC, and my current genre is Urban Fantasy/Paranormal. I do wish to branch out into sci-fi and horror. 


When did your love of books begin?

Definitely, when I was a little kid with the Little Bear series!


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

It didn't really solidify until I had a book with Heir (The Lineage Series), and I thought about getting out there to share with the world. But I always had writing in the back of my mind, wanting to go to film school so I could direct movies, maybe one day!


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

I'm still learning about what it is to be an author and its processes!


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

It really depends on what they want to do, hybrid, traditional, or independent. I can only give advice to those who want to go the independent author route. I would say save your money because much of the cost comes out of your own expenses (covers, editing cost, beta readers even). If you have a series, write the full series first (at least the first couple of books anyways), and then you can have consistency while working on other books. Especially if you have a full-time job like me, it takes a lot to juggle.


Tell us about your book/books:

Heir is about a young woman, Audrey Sanders, who just graduated high school and immediately gets thrown into the paranormal world after a fatal accident. We experience the extreme senses of a vampire and learn about the world that was just under the surface the whole time. The second book (which will be out on October 31st!) is a return to Audrey Sanders as she learns more about the magic that she had this whole time from her father, who is a witch, and what it means to why she kept her magic as a vampire.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love connecting with other authors who are similar to me! Even if we don't necessarily write in the same genre, a lot of our experiences are similar, and it is good to have a community of people where I can vent or ask for advice.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

That I hope you like seeing a Filipino main character! Growing up, even with me watching anime, a lot of my interest was not in my own culture but in others. Even if it was other BIPOC's cultures, I'm reconnecting with the folklore, and I am excited to share that experience and adventure through my character's senses.


Where can people connect with you?

They can connect with me on my website! Which has all of my socials on the connect with me page. https://www.pkreevesauthor.com/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview