Pedro Iniguez interview

AUTHOR INTERVIEW


A little introduction:

My name is Pedro Iniguez and I am a Horror and Science-Fiction author from Los Angeles.  Apart from writing, I love to paint.


When did your love of books begin?

When I was a kid, comic books were a gateway to books as were the Goosebumps series back in elementary school.


When did you start to have the wish to become an author?

Early on in college I'd start to write paragraph-long stories in class that gradually got longer as the semester dragged on. The late, great Dennis Etchison actually mentored me and made me realize writing was the path I needed to be on.


How have you found the process for becoming an author?

It's been a fun challenge. I've learned and grown quite a bit over my time an an author. Something many people don't realize early on is that you have to learn the business side of things: how to market yourself, how to look carefully at contracts, the submission process, etc.


What would you say to those wanting to become an author?

Never stop reading and writing. You will only get better by doing both consistently. 


Tell us about your book/books:

I tend to write a lot of poetry and short fiction but I do have two books out. One is a Cyberpunk novel called Control Theory and the other is a collection of my fiction called Synthetic Dawns & Crimson Dusks. Both can be found on Amazon.


What do you love about the writing/reading community?

I love that for the most part, everyone is so supportive and happy to answer any questions you may have. On those hard days, it's nice to have their love and support.


If you could say anything to your readers what would it be?

Thank you for sticking around and believing in me. My greatest pleasure in life is being a storyteller and you've allowed me to do that.


Where can people connect with you?

People can find me on my website (Pedroiniguezauthor.com) and social media, such as Twitter (@Pedro__Iniguez).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book review - An Enemy Like Me by Teri M. Brown

Feed My Reads Awards 2022 and your winners are

Claude Bouchard interview